Laparoscopic Paraesophaegeal Hernia Repair
What is Hiatal Hernia?
Part of the stomach projects abnormally into the chest area, causing reflux, chest pain, hoarseness and other symptoms.
How is this procedure performed?
This minimally invasive procedure restores affected areas back to their normal locations within the abdomen, while repairing the diaphragm with sutures.
What are the advantages of Laparoscopic Paraesophaegeal Hernia Repair?
Advantages may include:
- Strengthened muscles of the abdominal wall preventing future hernias.
- Less pain post-operation
- Faster return to daily diet
- Rapid return to normal daily activity
- A shortened hospital stay
What complications can occur?
- Adverse reactions to general anesthesia
- Bleeding or injury to other abdominal organs